Objects, Vision and Mission
The Objects of Belong Blue Mountains - Katoomba Neighbourhood Centre shall be:-
- Provide for the direct relief of social and financial disadvantage, vulnerability, distress and misfortune for residents in our community.
- Provide practical assistance through the response to and provision of emergency relief and support for people experiencing distress and or need.
- To increase the knowledge of and use of community resources by the more disadvantaged within our community to assist them to realise their potential.
- Raise community awareness of the issues impacting on the disadvantaged and vulnerable within our community
- To provide opportunity for community connectedness and access to programs that build resilience within and across our community.
- To work with the community to identify their needs, and to assist in the development and implementation of appropriate services and programs and links to meet and address those needs.
To build a community that cares and supports the vulnerable and disadvantaged, by providing benevolent service for those most in need. We work to remove barriers to opportunity and social inclusion and improve the quality of life for vulnerable individuals and groups within our community.
- To provide care and service to the most vulnerable within the community we serve, in a safe and supportive way.
- That the services provided are delivered in a dignified and respectful way, with integrity and honour.
- That the capacity of individuals and groups most in need is enhanced to achieve better outcomes for themselves.
We do this through:-
- The practical provision of food and community accessible meals to those experiencing misfortune or isolation.
- The provision of services to the frail aged, persons with a disability, those living or recovering from a mental illness to assist them to live independently and safely within their homes and active within their communities.
- Social support and early identification, assessment and referral services to those who are disadvantaged, vulnerable and at risk, living in insecure accommodation, experiencing financial and housing stress and are at risk of becoming homeless.
- Information and referral services accessible to all members of the public to enable them to utilise community resources and public services available to them.
- The provision of services to the aged, people with disabilities, people living with mental illness and people on low incomes.
- Providing a community space supporting different social groups and activities aimed at enhancing wellbeing and community inclusion.
- Identifying community needs and where possible and appropriate, initiate, develop and operate programs to meet those needs.
- Developing and supporting self-help initiatives and networks which strengthen community.
- Creating opportunities for residents to meet others, develop beneficial relationships and links within the community.
- Raising awareness of local community issues and the needs of disadvantaged people.
Advocating and assisting individuals to ensure that those who are disadvantaged and vulnerable can access the services they require in a timely and appropriate way.